Close your eyes and imagine… you arrive on a beach with a little bag that weighs less than the bottle of water you carry. You turn your head into the wind and wonder if the anemometer would even show 7 knots. You remove the 12m from its tiny pouch and without as much as a single stroke of a pump, you are ready for an unforgettable ride on mirror-smooth waters. You distance yourself from the shore without ever looking at your kite – you can literally feel its stability and reliability. The wind is gusty and your kite floats in the water for several, long minutes. But you don’t worry – for you know that it will never fill up with water and will relaunch with ease.
Welcome to a new dimension – the dimension of the MARABOU!
The MARABOU is the first-ever single-surface kite on the market, developed for use on water!
Click on the image for more information!
- Single-surface kite with closed-cell leading edge construction
- Innovative construction: 70% of the surface cannot sink!
- Minimal size and super lightweight
- Outstanding size-to-power ratio
- Excellent stability, depower and manoeuvrability
- Easy relaunch
- Accessibility and ease of use
- Exceptional light wind performance
The hybrid single-surface and closed-cells construction of the MARABOU makes you enter a new dimension. Whether on a foil board, twintip or surfboard, you’ll benefit from an exceptionally small and light kite that generates extraordinary power. Equipped with incredible stability, the MARABOU is an intuitive and easy-to-use foil kite.
Just like the SHAMAN 1 and 2, the MARABOU was designed by the talented Swiss designer Olivier Nef. His experience in the development of single-surface paragliders paired with the passion of our team riders has allowed us to develop this kite with its innovative construction.
The wind range is only an indication. It varies with weight and skill level of the rider as well as the wind and current conditions on the spot.
MARABOU 9m, filmed in about 4 knots
“I have now been using the SHAMAN on water for quite a while. It is absolutely phantastic but its major default is that it doesn’t relaunch from water. The MARABOU solves this problem: its closed leading edge and its unique air inlet prevent the water from entering. On my first test I was forced to paddle in the water for about 2 minutes and I had a tie on the kite on about 1/3 of its length. But the kite restarted and untwisted very naturally. No water had entered!! Additionally, you’ll find the same stunning characteristics as on the SHAMAN, with a stability and power that are simply perfect for light wind. I will surely use the MARABOU in small size for the waves: due to its incredible stability I can completely let go of the bar and fully concentrate on the wave.”
Sébastien Saugy, GIN rider
- Swiss design and high-quality construction (tissue Skytex 38 by Porcher, France)
- Water release system on the wingtips
- Deflate zip on the leading edge
- Intermediate aspect ratio for accessibility and performance
- Reduced suspension lines with 2 pullies per side (GIN low friction rings)
- Kite delivered with compression strap and light pouch
- Compatible with the GIN & TONIC Bar v3 (4 lines, 20 + 4m) and other corresponding bars
- 4 flavours for all sizes:
STRAWBERRY | APRICOT | KIWI | BLUEBERRY